Friday 17 January 2014

My January 'Tiny Tweaks' Birchbox

Hello Lovelies, 

Today I wanted to share with you what I received in my January Birchbox. The theme for this month's box is 'Tiny Tweaks’, with the idea behind this being that if you break your new year resolutions down into ‘bite-sized pieces’ and make small changes each day they are more achievable and ‘will make a big difference by year end’. I really like this way of thinking about goals you have no matter how big or small they are. The Birchbox Team have chosen the products for this month's Box to help you make ‘tiny tweaks’ that together will make a big difference.


Included with this month’s box was a little booklet ‘filled with 30 Birchbox-approved tiny tweaks’ and I think this is a lovely idea with good tips in such as 'Add a slice of lemon to hot water and drink first thing in the morning to kickstart your metabolism'. 


The Birchbox this month was different to the previous ones I have received and the samples weren't in a little drawstring bag, instead they were wrapped in baby pink tissue paper. I quite liked the drawstring bags, but I guess you could end up with too many and it did look nice wrapped liked this.

Inside my Birchbox was…..


Philip Kingsley Elasticizer - 20ml
This is a hair mask that you apply before you shampoo your hair. The ends of my hair seem a bit dry at the moment so I think I will make an effort to use this soon. I received a sample of this in my August Birchbox, so wasn't too excited to see a sample of this included again so soon. I haven’t used the one I received in August yet so now I have two of them I hope I like this hair mask!


Benefit The Porefessional - 7.5ml
This is a primer that ‘magically erases pores and leaves skin velvety’. I already have a full size one of these and have repurchased it a few times. I love it, because not only does it keep my makeup in place it also helps keep my skin matte throughout the day, so I was happy this was included in my Birchbox this month.


Laura Mercier Ambre Vanillé Soufflé Body Crème - 25g
I haven’t tried any of the Laura Mercier Soufflé Body Crèmes, but have read so many good things about them, so I was really excited to see this inside my Box. It smells amazing and is the perfect size to take with you if you are going on holiday or away for the weekend. It has ‘shea butter, jojoba, grape seed oil’ and ‘aloe vera gel’ in it and I can’t wait to try it.


Premae Anatomy Nutrients Instant Renewal Body Oil with sunflower and rosewood - 20ml
I am a big fan of Premae, especially their Harmony range and if you have oily/combination skin you should give this a try! However I haven’t tried any of their body products and this body oil claims to ‘moisturise, tone and detoxify skin’. I do not usually use body oils as I like to use something that absorbs quickly into my skin, but I will definitely be trying this out.


Delarom Acquaconfort Mask - 15ml
I am really into trying out different skincare products at the moment and love using face masks, so I am always happy to see one of these in my Birchbox. This one helps ‘nourish skin and restore suppleness and vitality’ and I am looking forward to giving this one a try.


Birchbox Eye Mask
I always like getting little extras like this in my Birchbox, however I received one of these in my August one so now I have two, so I think I will give this one to a friend or one of my sisters.

Overall I am really pleased with what I received and I think Birchbox have done really well again this month, although it would have been nice to receive at least one full size product. 

I love trying new brands and think beauty boxes like this are a perfect way to discover brands you might not come across otherwise. It is also nice to receive samples from high end well-known brands and Birchbox did well this month by including a Benefit and Laura Mercier sample. 

If you fancy trying a Birchbox, you can find more details here.

What did you get in your Birchbox this month? Leave me your link as a comment if you have posted about yours.

Thanks for reading :)

Nyss x

2 comments:

  1. Got some great stuff, especially the Benefit product!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete