Tuesday 28 January 2014

My January 'Back to Basics' Glossybox

Hello Lovelies,

I received my January Glossybox earlier this week and I always look forward to it arriving and seeing what is inside, but this month I was quite disappointed with what was inside mine. The Theme for this month’s Glossybox is 'Back to Basics' and the Glossybox Team have chosen 'simple essentials' for this box.

The actual box this month was the same pink colour as the usual ones, although it looks a bit glossier and is bigger than the usual ones. The ribbon inside has also been changed and now has Glossybox and the Glossybox symbol printed on it.


Here is what I got this month…..


Yu-Be Moisturising Skin Cream - 2 x 3g
This is a 'multi-use' moisturising cream that can be used on really dry skin including your face and lips. I hadn't heard of this brand or product before and it isn't something I would normally buy, but I will give it a try. 

Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash - 50ml
This Body Wash has 'juniper, bergamot, geranium and lavender essential oils' in it and unfortunately I really don't like the smell of it, so I think I will see if a friend or one of my sisters likes the smell and I'll give it to them. 

The Vintage Cosmetic Company Floral Slanted Tweezers
These tweezers have a gorgeous floral pattern on them and are probably my favourite thing in this month's Glossybox, although I already have a few pairs of tweezers, so didn't really need another. 


Anatomicals Puffy The Eye Bag Slayer Wake-Up Under Eye Patches - 2 sachets
I've tried a few Anatomical things before, but hadn't heard of these. They 'help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and revitalise the delicate skin around your eyes'. I haven't tried any eye patches before am intrigued to see how these work, so will give them a try.

Vaseline Essential Moisture Clean Feeling Lotion - 50ml
I was a bit disappointed to see this in my Glossybox, because I thought the samples in Glossyboxes were supposed to be high end ones and I wouldn't say Vaseline was high end. Although moisturisers like this are always handy so I am sure I will use this. 

Overall I am not very excited about what I received in my Glossybox this month and after speaking to other people on Twitter I realised that I am not the only one who was disappointed with this month’s Glossybox. I really hope Glossybox do better next month or I may have to cancel my subscription, particularly as my Birchboxes have been so good recently.

What did you get in your Glossybox this month? Leave me your link as a comment if you have posted about yours.

Thanks for reading :)

Nyss x

4 comments:

  1. I cancelled my Glossybox subscription as wasn't very impressed the last few months. Might try Birchbox then if you think it's better? x
    http://www.isitjustmeme.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birchbox have been better the last few months! xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for letting us in on what you received.
    Trying to decide wether box subscriptions are a good idea or not!

    nailsandteapots xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love getting the surprises, but Birchbox has been better than Glossybox recently. xx

      Delete