Friday 12 April 2013

MUA Power Pouts Review

Since I first heard about MUA's new Power Pouts I wanted to try them,  I love using lip stains and tints, so these really appealed to me and they are only £3 which makes them excellent value. I popped down to my local Superdrug yesterday and they had all six shades in stock. After reading some reviews I had already decided what two shades I wanted to try first, but I swatched all six on my hand to see what they were like for myself.

 Top to Bottom - Crazy in Love, Rendezvous, Runaway, Irreplacable, Justify and Brokenhearted. 

I loved them all and think I will probably end up buying more, but yesterday I stopped myself at two and bought Justify and Rendezvous.

Left - Justify. Right - Rendezvous.

I wanted to wait until today to post about these, so I could try them for a day to give you more of a review. When applied they go on smoothly and have a slight minty taste. They feel really moisturising and after applied they just feel like you are wearing a lip balm, which I really liked and the shape of the stick makes it easy to apply.

The colours look different when applied as you can see from the photos, so swatch them before you decide which ones you want.

Rendezvous

Left to Right - Bare Lips, Rendezvous first applied and Rendezvous after about half an hour.


I found while wearing Rendezvous it developed into a deeper pink colour, which I liked, but you might not if you apply this wanting a nude colour.

Justify

Left to Right - Bare Lips, Justify first applied and Justify after about half an hour.

I found while wearing Justify it also developed into a slightly deeper colour after a while. 

Both of these Power Pouts are a little deeper in colour than the photos show and the colour lasted well and when it felt like it had worn off, my lips were left tinted, which I really liked.

I recently received a Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush in a Glossybox which I loved and I think these are quite similar in design, although the MUA Power Pouts are more sheer than the Jellp Pong Pong Lip Blush I have, and they also feel more moisturising. These also look very similar to the Clinique Chubby Sticks, but I haven't tried these so not sure how they compare, if you have I would love to hear what you think.

Overall I have to say I love these and for the price, they are an excellent bargain and a little treat that will not break the bank :)  I will definitely be getting some of the other colours and if you haven't tried these you should. 

I am becoming a fan of MUA products and the price means you can try lots of new things. I'd love to hear what your favourites are.

Thank you for reading :)

Nyss x

8 comments:

  1. Crazy in Love looks like a really pretty shade. I'd really like to try these! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try these, they are really lovely and excellent value for money :) I think I am going to get Runaway next :)

    Nyss x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the look of Justify when I saw it in person and now I'm wishing I could go back in time and buy it! Will be one of my next purchases x

    http://fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice, you should definitely get it :)

      Nyss x

      Delete
  4. I bought two of these today - Justify and Irreplaceable :) They are lovely and from what I've seen so far I think I'm going to be impressed :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will be, I love how you can apply it and the colour stays on your lips even after the lip balm feeling has gone :)

      Nyss xx

      Delete
  5. Love these so much cannot wait to have the full collection!

    www.littlepieceofbeauty.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so nice :) Have you tried any of them yet?

      Nyss x

      Delete