Friday 29 March 2013

First Blog Post - L'Oreal GlamShine Stain Splash Review

Hey, I'm new to the world of blogging and this is my first post :) I spent a while thinking about what I wanted my first post to be about and I decided it should be about something I am loving at the moment and so it seemed obvious that I should share with you my love of L'Oreal's new GlamShine Stain Splashes.

I love using lip stains as I think the colour stays longer, and I would usually apply lip gloss on top to add some shine. So after reading reviews of YSL's Glossy Stains last year I had to try them and instantly loved the combination of a lip stain and gloss in one. When I heard recently that the new GlamShine Stain Splashes were dupes of the YSL Gloss Stains I couldn't wait to try them.

After swatching a few of the shades I decided to buy Lolita (101), because I wanted one that I could wear as an everyday colour. 


From the first time I applied it I loved it and probably as much as I love my YSL Glossy Stain. 

The applicator is really soft and the shape of it makes it easy to apply the Stain Splash to your lips. It feels really lovely when applied and not sticky like some lip glosses can feel, although I have found that if you apply lots of layers it can get a little sticky. The colour looks different on your lips than it looks in the tube, especially if you apply several layers, so if you're going to buy one, I would suggest you swatch the shades you like rather than choosing from the colours in the tubes. 

In the photo below I have applied one layer, which gives a lovely subtle colour and shine, which I think is perfect for everyday. 


You can also build up the colour and gloss as shown in the photo below by applying more layers.


I love this shade and am really pleased with my choice. It has a slight shimmer which I really like and I will definitely be buying some more colours :) 

If anyone has tried these I'd love to hear what you think of them and what colours you love or don't like so much. 

If you would like me to do a review of my YSL Glossy Stain let me know.

Nyss x

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the land of blogging :) I love the darker shade as I love my deep reds, I'm not a great fan of glossy lips but it looks really nice on you!

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I love reds too, just wanted a more natural colour as I have loads of red lip products :)

      Nyss x

      Delete
  2. Hello Nyss, I am hoping that my comment finally makes it to your page?! Loved your first post. I like the pics showing the difference in colour. Looking forward to more posts. I am now a follower ;)
    Jade x

    jadewiggins09.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jade,

      Your comment is here now :) Thank you, trying to decide what my next post should be? Maybe what products have been my favourites in March?

      Nyss x

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the follow too! I finally managed to add GFC Followers tonight, so now have that and Bloglovin :) x

      Delete
  3. looks like a great dupe of the YSL glossy stains, would love to see your review of that too!


    beautyandtheb1.co.uk


    B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! It is and also much more affordable. :)

    I hope to do a review of that soon :)

    Nyss x

    ReplyDelete